Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife recently picked up her 2022 ID.4 RWD (3.1 software). We also have ID.4 AWD Gradient on order for myself. My wife is starting to think we shouldn't get two of the same model cars. If you were to get another EV, and it couldn't be a ID.4 what would your choice be and why? I would do a F150 Lightning if I could get one but my dealer is saying realistically 2 -3 year wait.

Looking for a SUV / cross over ,$65k or under, other than the obvious Tesla.

·
2021 AWD Pro S
2,044 Posts
Probably the Nissan Ariya since its very similar to the ID.4. But that also depends on a 2nd car I might need a F150 lightning more due to hauling loads that I often do.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blazer EV
At this point I'll pass. I've spoken to 3 Chevy dealers already, good luck finding one that will sell it to you at MSRP if you pre-order. I'm not going to pre-order a car a year out with no set price, and the dealers not committing to selling at MSRP. I had one tell me an expected price of $15k above MSRP.

·
4 Posts
At this point I'll pass. I've spoken to 3 Chevy dealers already, good luck finding one that will sell it to you at MSRP if you pre-order. I'm not going to pre-order a car a year out with no set price, and the dealers not committing to selling at MSRP. I had one tell me an expected price of $15k above MSRP.
Not to mention, the $7500 tax rebate is gone for the Blazer EV.

·
1,220 Posts
It sounds like you want a larger vehicle than the ID4. If so the Blazer might be a possibility depending on how long you want to wait. If it could be had for your price including a tax credit maybe a Rivian. Regardless you will have to a a few months to a year for almost any new EV.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sounds like you want a larger vehicle than the ID4. If so the Blazer might be a possibility depending on how long you want to wait. If it could be had for your price including a tax credit maybe a Rivian. Regardless you will have to a a few months to a year for almost any new EV.
I'm not overlay concerned about time, sooner is better than later but 6-12 months is fine. Mainly I don't want a million games, I want to be able to reserve something and have a spot in line. I will not pay over MSRP. Blazer is out as their dealers seem to greedy. Rivian I would love but is too risky for me. To many questions if they'll be around in a few years, plus you can no longer reserve them. It's a great truck though.

·
ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
161 Posts
Not sure, but putting things out there -
  • Kia is going to launch the EV9 probably next year or early 2024 if you can wait.
  • Other alternatives, Vinfast?! VinFast (vinfastauto.us) Not mocking and not sure how to think about this start up though they seem committed and invested.
  • Rivian?
  • Or perhaps consider PHEV as a 2nd vehicle.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It sounds like you want a larger vehicle than the ID4.
I'm a woodworker and I currently have a Honda Ridgeline. I was holding out for the plug-in Hybrid Ridgeline but it sounds like they are scrapping that for the 2023 year with plans for some electric option in 2025/26. F150 is much larger than I need, but it's just so nice. I can made do with an ID4 and pulling a trailer when needed, not ideal but workable for me. Given the market my though is to look at the SUV/Crossover EV segment and then just a small trailer when needed.

·
34 Posts
Nissan Ariya. I have reservations for both an ID4 and Ariya at the moment. At this stage in the waiting game the first one to deliver gets my money. I also really like the Kia EV6 but there doesn’t seem to be a factory order option and the dealer markups are insane.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure, but putting things out there -
  • Kia is going to launch the EV9 probably next year or early 2024 if you can wait.
  • Other alternatives, Vinfast?! VinFast (vinfastauto.us) Not mocking and not sure how to think about this start up though they seem committed and invested.
  • Rivian?
  • Or perhaps consider PHEV as a 2nd vehicle.
Vinfast is interesting, their whole battery subscription concept is just hard to swallow.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
A second AWD ID.4 may still be your best option. If you get same color as wife it will confuse the heck out of your neighbors. It has the size, a hitch and a good price with a tax credit. In about 3 years they may be some better options, if so then sell your ID.4 and drive new again.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A second AWD ID.4 may still be your best option. If you get same color as wife it will confuse the heck out of your neighbors. It has the size, a hitch and a good price with a tax credit. In about 3 years they may be some better options, if so then sell your ID.4 and drive new again.
you're probably right.

·
379 Posts
The Ioniq 5/EV6 certainly caught my eye some. Not sure they're big enough for you needs, but I have read that they are deceptively large (think the EV6 has the same wheelbase as the Telluride). The charging time, range, and V2L all are attractive. Sounds like it's harder, but not impossible, to find a dealer at MSRP though. I know the EV6 has a forum, and I'd assume the Ioniq 5 does, so there are probably dealer threads there to look at if you go that route.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nissan Ariya. I have reservations for both an ID4 and Ariya at the moment. At this stage in the waiting game the first one to deliver gets my money. I also really like the Kia EV6 but there doesn’t seem to be a factory order option and the dealer markups are insane.
That one is interesting, I'll have to reach out to a dealer and see if I can get in line for one.

·
152 Posts
By necessity, we're a one-car, one-pickup family. Given that, I'd look into having my 2008 4wd Tacoma electrified. If that seemed financially ludicrous, I'd keep 'er running until I see the new Scouts and the full-electric version of Ford's Maverick.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts