Volkswagen ID Forum banner
101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Volvo XC40
I'm going to put a call into a Volvo dealer in the area tonight. I'm wondering if they are selling them in Texas, on the Volvo site I've checked dealers within 150 miles of me and they don't even have the XC40 Recharge listed. Only one listed the C40 Recharge as an option.

·
237 Posts
Those were the exact two reasons I didn’t buy a Niro. I got very close though, because it is a compelling vehicle despite the non-skateboard chassis.
Agreed. I'd probably buy the revamped 2023 Kia Niro EV if it charged a bit faster and if it were substantially less expensive than an ID.4. The Niro EV is relatively lightweight and it's also pretty efficient. Kia says it will go 253 miles on a full charge with its 64.8kWh battery, and it can charge "from 10-80% in less than 45 minutes" at 85 kW. At some low price point, I'd buy one, but I'm skeptical it'll be low enough.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Mustang Mach E or Hyundai Ioniq 5. Or the Lyriq … too bad GMC has used its EV credit allotment on the Volt/Bolt.
Fingers crossed, the news this morning is reporting the senate may have the votes to pass a climate and energy bill that returns tax credits to all the manufactures. Could be passed in August.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Mach-E owners are filing a class action lawsuit.
I'm very tempted to order a Mach-E, i've talked my self out of it 3 times already. I love the style of it, I like the feature set. My issue is Ford right now, if I'm going to gamble I would take a F150, but I just can't get one. Mach-E has multiple "Do not drive" recalls, their ICE cars don't sound like they are doing too much better right now, but it's the lack of a tow rating that's the issue for me. I would pull a trailer a few dozen miles with a couple hundred pounds of plywood on it so I would really be hauling much, but if...if something happens you could be really screwed towing in a vehicle that has a 0 pound tow rating.

·
1,209 Posts
After seeing video reviews, my second EV would be a Sono Sion. Sadly EU only for now, like the ID3.
I saw that, too, and found it to be fascinating. I think their design has a lot in it that we’ll see in future designs from other manufacturers. Fully Charged did a nice preview:

Reactions: Eric Nay

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
I may look into the Nissan Ariya.
Sound like if you didn't reserve when it was open you could be looking at a 2 - 3 year wait. My local dealer basicley said Nissan cut the reserve list off at 3 years of projected production, with the assumption that would amount to about 1 year of real orders at the end, but he was very honest and told me from what he knows of other manufactures those high number of cancelations never happened. He didn't even try to push me to a Leaf, he said if you want an Ariya then don't even bother looking at a Leaf.

·
2021 Moonstone Gray ID.4 Pro S AWD
110 Posts
That’s definitely not a problem. I have something good to drive now so waiting is not a problem at all.

·
99 Posts
Agreed. I'd probably buy the revamped 2023 Kia Niro EV if it charged a bit faster and if it were substantially less expensive than an ID.4. The Niro EV is relatively lightweight and it's also pretty efficient. Kia says it will go 253 miles on a full charge with its 64.8kWh battery, and it can charge "from 10-80% in less than 45 minutes" at 85 kW. At some low price point, I'd buy one, but I'm skeptical it'll be low enough.
I have a feel they are staying the same price or going up. They removed the tax credit from the lease. It's a nice car I was waiting for my id4 and got a niro. I figure I'll get 37-38k I paid 40k.. he will resell for 42-43 is what I'm seeing on carvana and vroom and everyone will be happy

·
99 Posts
The most underappreciated EV in America is the Kia Niro EV!
A little smaller, but awesome range (easily 250-275 mi in mixed driving, up to 300 in town) and efficiency (as good as Tesla in town) - my lifetime average over 25K miles is 4.1 mi/kWh.
I also have a niro ev I got as an intrum to my id4. It's good but charges too slow. I paid way over msrp because california and Kia. I hope I can get 37-38k of the 40 I spent to buy my base id4 pro. They are fetching 42-43k and take 10-12% for padding

·
2022 Pro S RWD Glacier White/Galaxy Black
33 Posts
My wife recently picked up her 2022 ID.4 RWD (3.1 software). We also have ID.4 AWD Gradient on order for myself. My wife is starting to think we shouldn't get two of the same model cars. If you were to get another EV, and it couldn't be a ID.4 what would your choice be and why? I would do a F150 Lightning if I could get one but my dealer is saying realistically 2 -3 year wait.

Looking for a SUV / cross over ,$65k or under, other than the obvious Tesla.
I have a ID.4 ordered for my wife, but I have been driving a Model 3 since September of 2019 (when prices of those were low and I could still claim tax rebates). We wanted a Tesla MY but the price was insane. Apart from the ID.4, I really wanted to get an Ioniq 5 but dealers usually mark them up quite a bit. WIll be interesting to see how the new EV Tax credit moves these prices, given the KIA/Hyundais are pretty far out from U.S. assemblies.

101 - 120 of 153 Posts