Volkswagen ID Forum banner
141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
440 Posts
No Toyota fans here? LOL
Not to be outdone, Toyota has their own bolt recall. I guess it's no longer an option as a 2nd car to the ID.4.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,975 Posts
Not to be outdone, Toyota has their own bolt recall. I guess it's no longer an option as a 2nd car to the ID.4.

And I thought saying that "the wheels are coming off" is just a metaphor.

Toyota: "Hold my beer".

·
1,209 Posts

Toyota apparently mailed this one in and didn't assign their "A-team" of engineers to the project. I see it as a pretty telling indication of what priority this project probably had within Toyota.

Mostly, I feel sorry for those folks who bought one and now can't even drive it and have no idea if it'll ever be fixed. Same with the Subaru Solterra owners (Solterra is just a rebadged Busy Forks).

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Toyota apparently mailed this one in and didn't assign their "A-team" of engineers to the project. I see it as a pretty telling indication of what priority this project probably had within Toyota.

Mostly, I feel sorry for those folks who bought one and now can't even drive it and have no idea if it'll ever be fixed. Same with the Subaru Solterra owners (Solterra is just a rebadged Busy Forks).
I saw this a couple days ago and it's quite confusing. Wheel studs are designed to be changed, people damage those all the time. I could understand a delay sourcing new studs but as issues go this wouldn't sound like what that is all that hard to resolve, jumping to repurchasing the car just seems extreme. It makes me wonder what exactly is happening here.

·
ID4 AWD Pro
869 Posts
With the new price and offering on the short range model, it's less likely I'd order another ID4 for myself.
I'm already planning to get a HEV Maverick when order bank opens next month. Also, possibly a F150 lightning Pro (46k with some options) just because it'd be same price as a id4 Pro AWD but has bigger 100kwh battery and more capability. Only issue is you cannot order it

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
With the new price and offering of the short range model, it's less likely I'd order another ID4 for myself.
I'm already planning to get a HEV Maverick when order bank opens next month. Also, possibly a F150 lightning Pro (46k with some options) just because it'd be same price as a Pro AWD but has bigger 100kwh battery and more capability.
I think I said it another post but I would have ordered a F150 if I could of. I missed the boat on that one. I've talked with a number of Ford dealers and universally they do not expect to open order banks to open for 2 - 3 years. They are also allocating very few Pro's to non-fleet sales so I think that one will be hard to get for long time. Ford trademarked Ranger Lighting so if that starts to materialize you'll be one of the first to order it.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Does anyone else think that Ford should use "F-150 Lightning" and "Ranger Thunder" as their names? LOL
They have trademarks for F150 Thunder, Ranger Thunder, and Maverick Thunder also. Thunder is believed to be the name they are going to use on the Plugin Hybrid models.

·
ID4 AWD Pro
869 Posts
I think I said it another post but I would have ordered a F150 if I could of. I missed the boat on that one. I've talked with a number of Ford dealers and universally they do not expect to open order banks to open for 2 - 3 years. They are also allocating very few Pro's to non-fleet sales so I think that one will be hard to get for long time. Ford trademarked Ranger Lighting so if that starts to materialize you'll be one of the first to order it.
I love the cabin room of my f150. Not sure how big the new ranger would be. Current ranger has even less cabin room than maverick. I want to order the maverick just as an replacement for my sonata hybrid, similar hybrid power, similar size, more capability, less equipped, but similar on price. I didn't expect it to fully replace my f150, although it has nearly the same payload.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
I love the cabin room of my f150. Not sure how big the new ranger would be. Current ranger has even less cabin room than maverick. I want to order the maverick just as an replacement for my sonata hybrid, similar hybrid power, similar size, more capability, less equipped, but similar on price. I didn't expect it to fully replace my f150, although it has nearly the same payload.
I have a Honda Ridgeline and that's been perfect for my needs, F150 is really too big for my needs. I would like a Ranger EV, but agree the cabin size of the Ranger is a little odd to me, but also too soon for them to do a redsign.

·
Waiting for a Grenadill black met ID.4 GTX. Black 21" rims. Since 10th may 2022.
22 Posts
Ordered a Peugoet 2008e as a 2nd car instead of a Nissan Leaf but probably would have gone for the Nissan Ariya if not the ID4 GTX.
To reply on myself. Peugoet suddenly said the car wouldnt be here on time and minimum 2months delay.
Ordered a Nissan Ariya today instead as the dealer had cancellation on a car arriving early sept.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro S AWD
33 Posts
Already have a Chevy Bolt EV, so ID.4 will our second EV (if it ever shows up). The Bolt is smaller and lower than the ID.4 and DCFC is much slower. Otherwise, it's a great car, especially as a second car. It gets better mileage and has more range than the AWD. Easier to park in the city. The driver's display is superior to the ID.4 IMO - lots more relevant information. Can be programmed to charge OUTSIDE peak hours. MUCH cheaper now than the ID.4, even without tax credits. And you can probably get one off the dealer lot.

·
240 Posts
I was very happy with my Chevy Volt (2018). First Chevy I ever had and was surprised how well I liked it and how well everything worked.
I came close to buying a Bolt EUV- but liked the size of the ID.4 better for my current needs (and the whole battery thing stopped sales for quite some time). the driver interface is better in the Chevy (I think).
I would be looking for the new EV Equinox when it comes out. I think similar size to ID.4 and if they follow the Volt/Bolt- driver interface will be excellent. I think those are at least next year at the earliest?

141 - 153 of 153 Posts