Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When going to order a 2021 AWD ID.4 it’s saying January 2022 for delivery now. Will this just end up being a 2022 model year? Kinda don’t want to take delivery of a MY2021 vehicle in 2022. Especially at MSRP lol.

Does anyone know when 2022 orders open for the ID.4? Surely production at the factory must be switching over to 2022 sometime this summer?

·
49 Posts
From other conversations and snippets, it seems that VW will take more of a continuous improvement model, like Tesla, where a number of new features are activated via OTA, and now and then a key new feature comes via a new hardware update. I'm awaiting a PRO in a few weeks. Looking at the list of features discussed, the main one I'd like is a higher DC charging rate that will be enabled via OTA. The only hardware feature I've seen discussed that could be of some marginal interest to me is V2G, Vehicle to Grid charging, as that seems to rely on a new standard.

·
380 Posts
Does anyone know when 2022 orders open for the ID.4? Surely production at the factory must be switching over to 2022 sometime this summer?
I don't know when 2022 orders will open, but from the sources I have seen, US bound production for both the 2022 RWD and AWD vehicles will start in Germany on 11/29/21. This info is current as of end of April.

Source 1

Source 2 --> Make sure to go to 2nd page in that table. ID4 entries are entries 12 & 13.

·
267 Posts
When going to order a 2021 AWD ID.4 it’s saying January 2022 for delivery now. Will this just end up being a 2022 model year? Kinda don’t want to take delivery of a MY2021 vehicle in 2022. Especially at MSRP lol.

I happened to go to the VW ordering page yesterday after seeing if there was any change to my reservation status. I built a Pro S AWD and it still says 'Starting Oct-Dec 2021'. I'm east coast so don't know if geographic location changes that date?

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that’s what it said before reserving. But after reserving it now says January 2022.

·
33 Posts
I happened to go to the VW ordering page yesterday after seeing if there was any change to my reservation status. I built a Pro S AWD and it still says 'Starting Oct-Dec 2021'. I'm east coast so don't know if geographic location changes that date?
I reserved my AWD Pro S in North East about a month ago and it said "Starting Oct-Dec 2021" for me as well.
I'm still at stage one of the reservation and there is no estimated date info when I login now to check status.

Hoping North East will be a priority since (I live there and ) many states in the North East are on Hyundai's initial roll out list as well for the Ioniq 5.

·
538 Posts
My page still says Available Starting Oct-Dec 2021. To see this after your reservation is placed, you hit View configuration, then Edit configuration. This date shown is under the AWD option.

·
33 Posts
My page still says Available Starting Oct-Dec 2021. To see this after your reservation is placed, you hit View configuration, then Edit configuration. This date shown is under the AWD option.
So that’s why I don’t see a date, I didn’t want to hit edit configuration for fear I’d lose my place in line. 😉

·
538 Posts
So that’s why I don’t see a date, I didn’t want to hit edit configuration for fear I’d lose my place in line. 😉
Supposed to be you can edit your configuration up until you lock without losing your place in line. But I simply have canceled out or closed the tab each of the many times I have gone to the Edit config.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts