Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
5,230 Posts
Are you a gambler?

After so many years of annual decal color changes and "remainer of this year +3 years" expirations, the state is saying "the program will end" and the current 2022 yellow decals are scheduled to expire in September 2025.

If you apply today you'll get 36+ months of solid HOV lane access, but as the program currently stands, that's it, so every day you wait is a day of access lost.

But if you roll the dice and win, they'll issue a new color beginning Jan 1 2023 and that'll take you sometime into 2026. With the number of EVs being sold in the state, I don't know if they can keep extending out the end date. The HOV lane is getting more crowded all the time.

·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you a gambler?

After so many years of annual decal color changes and "remained of this year +3 years" expirations, the state is saying "the program will end" and the current 2022 yellow decals are scheduled to expire in September 2025.

If you apply today you'll get 36+ months of solid HOV lane access, but as the program currently stands, that's it, so every day you wait is a day of access lost.

But if you roll the dice and win, they'll issue a new color beginning Jan 1 2023 and that'll take you sometime into 2026. With the number of EVs being sold in the state, I don't know if they can keep extending out the end date. The HOV lane is getting more crowded all the time.

Thanks Nai3t. Man! i didn't know it was ending in 2025. I guess I better get mine then because if I gamble I'm 100% sure I'll lose!

·
114 Posts

·
Dusk blue AWD Pro S
125 Posts

·
114 Posts
I'm gonna get those magnets from Amazon
Yes. Just a friendly head up for those are new and don’t realize the stickers are really stick for good.

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
5,230 Posts
I had no problem removing the CA HOV decals from my i3.

Using a heat gun, they take about a minute each to remove cleanly, such good condition they could be reapplied to another vehicle and nobody would notice the difference.

However, using the brute force method is not advised. When peeled off unheated, they leave behind tiny tamper-resistant glue dots (in the shape of mini HOV decals, no less!) and even with Goo-Gone it's a chore to get everything removed.

BTW magnets obviously won't stick to plastic and it only takes one eagle-eyed passer-by to see the slightly raised profile and take them for their own.

·
Dusk blue AWD Pro S
125 Posts
I would assume they are attracted to the chassis behind the fenders considering their good amazon reviews. If they won't work I will just return them :p
Also you can take the magnets off once you are done with the drive to keep them from being stolen :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts