Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the 2020 sales brochure they show two trim pieces following the normal Pro S and AWD Pro S badges. I do not see these in any ID.4 photos I have come across, European or US. Is this something they decided to leave off or am I blind?
Rectangle Mode of transport Line Font Triangle

·
14 Posts
I'm not very impressed with the level of detail Volkswagen is providing about what exactly is in these cars for trim details when you order. If it wasn't for that PDF document, you can't tell any detail about what is in the cars exactly. For example, they tell you the gradient gets larger wheels, but none of the pictures show the base wheels on the ordering pages. Also, the PDF document reveals that the silver band that is attached to the C-pillar is only on the FE and Gradient option, not on the base models. That's a big selling point to me, and I definitely wanted it, but you can't tell that piece of silver trim is only on the Gradient.
I also see that they are really limiting the variations on interiors they want to build. For example, if you get the Lunar Gray seats, the headliner is still black (apparently), which seems like a mismatch to get a lighter interior color.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They go on the doors right next to the trim on the fenders, if I can trust a picture I found on it.
2021_volkswagen_id_4_pro_s_4k-HD.jpg
From that PDFdocument where you found the trim image, it should only show up on the Pro S and Pro S Gradient (and AWD variants) showing on page 6 and page 9 of that document.
Another view:
VW-ID4-2.jpg
Ah, so I am blind. Good catch, garjoe21, and thanks.

·
4 Posts
Anyone know if these extended side “flizters” (a word, apparently) could be added to FE / Pro? Seems like another one of those questionable deltas between FE and Pro S. Cost cut, such a minor part not on schedule (I can excuse the illuminated VW for that), design choice?

·
1,173 Posts
Anyone know if these extended side “flizters” (a word, apparently) could be added to FE / Pro? Seems like another one of those questionable deltas between FE and Pro S. Cost cut, such a minor part not on schedule (I can excuse the illuminated VW for that), design choice?
I visited my dealer parts department but they didn't have a part number for the door extension emblem yet. Along with the door extension emblem, I want to retro-fit the front illuminated VW logo.
The parts guy said I was the first customer to enquire about any ID4 parts.
Also asked about a padded half roof kit😉.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.