Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm thinking...
There are a bunch of folks who have been waiting months and months for the car they ordered.
Then there's folks like me, who have been waiting - and their dealers have called them about another ID.4 that arrived and is available... and it's not really what they want, so they take a pass.
I'm thinking that it would be a great service to our fellow seekers to quickly post about that call from the dealer - and give some of us who have been (im)patiently waiting a heads up about available cars and their dealers.
Hence, I'm starting this thread with this title and inviting folks to spread the word after the dealer calls you and you decline - thus giving someone else in the forum a shot at the car.
So, here goes...
Today I got a call from Harte VW in Meriden, CT. Just got in a 2023 Red/Galaxy AWD PRO S. It's a cancellation looking for a home. I declined because I'm looking for RWD - but it's available right now! (11/21/22)

·
109 Posts
Vacaville Volkswagen had a black 2023 AWD pro s available as of yesterday. They also had a 2022 moonstone grey with light interior.

·
2023 AWD Pro S
176 Posts
So, I'm thinking...
There are a bunch of folks who have been waiting months and months for the car they ordered.
Then there's folks like me, who have been waiting - and their dealers have called them about another ID.4 that arrived and is available... and it's not really what they want, so they take a pass.
I'm thinking that it would be a great service to our fellow seekers to quickly post about that call from the dealer - and give some of us who have been (im)patiently waiting a heads up about available cars and their dealers.
Hence, I'm starting this thread with this title and inviting folks to spread the word after the dealer calls you and you decline - thus giving someone else in the forum a shot at the car.
So, here goes...
Today I got a call from Harte VW in Meriden, CT. Just got in a 2023 Red/Galaxy AWD PRO S. It's a cancellation looking for a home. I declined because I'm looking for RWD - but it's available right now! (11/21/22)
if there is no mark up, and its the color, trim, etc that you want, then i'd get it. The full tax credit will cover the difference in the cost, verses waiting until the first of the year or later to get a rwd.

·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Without markups I don’t think it will be very useful because almost all are adding huge ones. $10,000 where I bought mine…
Perhaps I'm being naive, but I don't know that all dealers will add a hefty markup.
But, you'll never know unless you get the chance to call and ask... and maybe a buyer will want the car enough to be willing to pay above MSRP. There's no harm in sharing with others the info about a cancellation - and it might be a big help to someone.

Reactions: Solejean

·
31 Posts
Thanks @sssster for starting this thread. I'm sure it will help some folks get a car. Many people have searched dealers in their area and found cars on their own. If you do the work, you increase your chances of finding a car.
This is how I found my AWD Pro S in pure grey three weeks ago. I kept reading on this forum and others about people finding cars near their own locations so I did a simple Autolist search and ended up finding one (at MSRP!) in transit to a dealer 40 miles from my home.

·
2021 AWD Pro S
2,803 Posts
There are both 22 and 23s on lots nationwide. You can tell by the fact that every day there are multiple new people joining who post they did not wait and simply found one on a dealer lot. Here are 3 local CO cars on the lot at MSRP:
Emich used to ship nationwide at no extra cost, not sure if they still do.
In transit coming soon cancelled at MSRP:

·
2023 Pro S AWD
30 Posts
2022s are fairly easy to find on lots as cancellations (in Oregon at least), since they no longer qualify for tax credit. 2023s a bit harder, but they are out there. I've had a reservation since May 2022 for a AWD Pro S, but ended up buying another cancellation car a few weeks ago to take advantage of the for sure $7500 federal tax credit. Paid $3,500 over MSRP (negotiated down from the $10k over they were asking), but still a win-win for me due to tax credit difference.

I just called 5-6 dealerships every 3-4 days, instead of waiting on them to call me if one came in. Early bird gets the worm!

We still have our reserved car coming sometime in the future, and will post on here once it arrives so someone can take advantage of buying.

·
47 Posts
So, I'm thinking...
So, here goes...
Not sure of any markups, but IDE VW here in Rochester NY appears to have about 10 on the lot that and they’ve been there at least several days. Assuming they are cancellations. I’d give them a call if you’re willing to make the trip out this way.

·
51 Posts
VW of South Charlotte called me today about a cancelled 2023 AWD Pro S, pure gray with galaxy interior. It has window tinting and interior/exterior protection package, priced at $54,370. It appears that the add-ons are their form of a markup. I passed because I’m waiting for an RWD and can’t justify the extra cost.

·
109 Posts
Sorry I was thinking this was a California thread. Hard to find anyone here selling at cost and by just calling the answer is always no the few times I have called on a tip from here. If it was yes you have a very small time window I’m sure.
I'm in California so I know what you mean. It's crazy.

·
2,136 Posts
My dealer in San Diego was all grinning and smug when they told me $10,000 markup for non-reserved last time I was there. But they are car dealers so I shouldn’t have been shocked. But they sold me mine right off the truck six months before for no markup…someone probably got fired over that.

·
288 Posts
I'm in California so I know what you mean. It's crazy.
You think Cali is bad? Canada doesn't have ANY my23s delivered yet. People ordered MY21, converted to MY22, converted to MY23. I think user SeriousSam is one of these poor souls. Its also highly likely that NOT A SINGLE MY23 will be delivered before January. My dealer told me not to be surprised if my order placed in Aug2022 will end up being a MY24

1 - 20 of 59 Posts