Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
2023 Pro S AWD
30 Posts
Where are you seeing the guaranteed $7500 for 2023 if delivered by end of 2022?

Vehicles Purchased and Delivered between August 16, 2022 and December 31, 2022
If you purchase and take possession of a qualifying electric vehicle after August 16, 2022 and before January 1, 2023, aside from the final assembly requirement, the rules in effect before the enactment of the Inflation Reduction Act for the EV credit apply (including those involving the manufacturing caps on vehicles sold). If you entered into a written binding contract to purchase a new qualifying vehicle before August 16, 2022, see the rule above.

·
2023 Pro S AWD
30 Posts
You think Cali is bad? Canada doesn't have ANY my23s delivered yet. People ordered MY21, converted to MY22, converted to MY23. I think user SeriousSam is one of these poor souls. Its also highly likely that NOT A SINGLE MY23 will be delivered before January. My dealer told me not to be surprised if my order placed in Aug2022 will end up being a MY24
This is probably a dumb question, but can you buy a US spec model and drive it across the border?

·
302 Posts
This is probably a dumb question, but can you buy a US spec model and drive it across the border?
I could, but makes no financial sense. VW of Canada would also be dicks about warranty. My province would charge me to register it here, possible duties on top, and not to mention needless out of province inspection etc etc..... Its a real headache.

·
2023 Pro S AWD
30 Posts
I could, but makes no financial sense. VW of Canada would also be dicks about warranty. My province would charge me to register it here, possible duties on top. Its a real headache.
Got it. I thought about looking into the possibility of buying Canadian model and driving to USA, simply for the heat pump. I still can't figure out why US spec models don't get a heat pump. It gets cold here too!

·
2023 AWD Pro S Pure Gray/Galaxy
72 Posts

Vehicles Purchased and Delivered between August 16, 2022 and December 31, 2022
If you purchase and take possession of a qualifying electric vehicle after August 16, 2022 and before January 1, 2023, aside from the final assembly requirement, the rules in effect before the enactment of the Inflation Reduction Act for the EV credit apply (including those involving the manufacturing caps on vehicles sold). If you entered into a written binding contract to purchase a new qualifying vehicle before August 16, 2022, see the rule above.
Yeah, I’ve seen that, I’m just anxious since the ID4 isn’t listed yet

·
2023 Pro S AWD
30 Posts
Yeah, I’ve seen that, I’m just anxious since the ID4 isn’t listed yet
I'm not concerned about that at all. The 2023 ID4 wasn't being sold when this list was created, and if you read the details on this site (including the VIN lookup at the bottom of the page), it is clearly covered. All '23s have a VIN starting with the number 1, which indicates a USA build.

·
2023 Pro S AWD
30 Posts
Heat pump no longer standard of MY23. Its an added option on all trims in Canada.
Ohh interesting! Out of curiosity, what is the cost of the option? I would have paid upwards of $2,000+ for this upgrade. After having an older Tesla Model 3 with a standard resistance heater, the efficiency was night and day when we upgraded that to a newer model with heat pump. I finally stopped wearing a jacket in the car during the winter :)

·
302 Posts
Ohh interesting! Out of curiosity, what is the cost of the option? I would have paid upwards of $2,000+ for this upgrade. After having an older Tesla Model 3 with a standard resistance heater, the efficiency was night and day when we upgraded that to a newer model with heat pump. I finally stopped wearing a jacket in the car during the winter :)
I think it is $1500cad

·
3 Posts
Use the theevfinder.com to see what’s listed on dealer sites. I called around, got on lists to be called, and the one I ended up getting had been at the dealer for 3 weeks according to the salesman.

I suspect they were trying to charge over MSRP and/or weren’t budging on the Simoniz they say was applied. I refused to pay it, threatened to walk, and ended up at MSRP with a little bit of BS fees (maybe $500, but I got them up on my trade so was mostly a wash).

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Use the theevfinder.com to see what’s listed on dealer sites. I called around, got on lists to be called, and the one I ended up getting had been at the dealer for 3 weeks according to the salesman.

I suspect they were trying to charge over MSRP and/or weren’t budging on the Simoniz they say was applied. I refused to pay it, threatened to walk, and ended up at MSRP with a little bit of BS fees (maybe $500, but I got them up on my trade so was mostly a wash).
Thanks so much! Great info. Not sure where the site is getting its info, but it sure is comprehensive! The strange thing is that ALL of the ID.4's either at the dealers or on the way to them are AWD. Having done a search for RWD Pro S within 100 miles of me, I can say with certainty that there are NONE either at the dealers or in transit to the dealers. RWD Pro S's must be being built - but they're sure not shipping yet.
Anyway, this is a nice tool to have. Thanks!

·
1,801 Posts
I don't know if any of them are cancellations, but I just discovered my local dealer (Douglas VW in Summit, NJ) has 19! ID.4s listed on their website... 2 are 2022, and the rest are 2023, so I'd say they're arriving in volume and I'm going to be seeing a lot more of them around soon...

Reactions: sssster

·
36 Posts
I don't know if any of them are cancellations, but I just discovered my local dealer (Douglas VW in Summit, NJ) has 19! ID.4s listed on their website... 2 are 2022, and the rest are 2023, so I'd say they're arriving in volume and I'm going to be seeing a lot more of them around soon...
These are all reserved vehicles. The've also floated at around 17ish for a while. I'm guessing they're getting one or two a week for reservation holders only.

·
2020 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 Turbo
162 Posts
🤣 Mine had over 50 at some point but now down to 25. This really doesn't mean anything as they all been reserved. I asked about getting a cancelled one but they said they will be happy to sell one if it comes but with markup. No thanks especially red or black ones.

·
302 Posts
The hell..... Meanwhile in Canada not a MY23 in sight, not even by mistake.

·
1,801 Posts
The hell..... Meanwhile in Canada not a MY23 in sight, not even by mistake.
I guess the Canadian cars are delayed… seems the Plus models are delayed too. Maybe parts availability as they have features we don’t get, like heat pumps.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts