Volkswagen ID Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Posting to advise that the MY23 red AWD Pro S at Harte VW in Meriden, CT is no longer available.
I bought it. (After considerable deliberation, I gave up on the RWD Pro S actually arriving before the end of the year.)
For those who may be interested, it came with Pirelli Scorpion Zeros (all season tires). We'll see how they do in snow before I pull the trigger on replacing them.

·
2019 Leaf SL+, 2023 Leaf SV+
717 Posts
Posting to advise that the MY23 red AWD Pro S at Harte VW in Meriden, CT is no longer available.
I bought it. (After considerable deliberation, I gave up on the RWD Pro S actually arriving before the end of the year.)
For those who may be interested, it came with Pirelli Scorpion Zeros (all season tires). We'll see how they do in snow before I pull the trigger on replacing them.
Congratulations! I am sure you are thrilled. And it's the color you wanted. It seems the big difference is AWD vs RWD and in CT with snow, I think you will appreciate the AWD.

Enjoy!

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Congratulations! I am sure you are thrilled. And it's the color you wanted. It seems the big difference is AWD vs RWD and in CT with snow, I think you will appreciate the AWD.

Enjoy!
Thanks. In conference with my wife, we decided to take this car because :
1. The delivery window on the RWD was just moved back by 3 days, and...
2. We're looking at the looming rail strike and realizing there's a high probability cars will sit in the Chattanooga lots for a long time while the strike is sorted out.
Better to take the one at the dealer, now.

Reactions: Mrau

·
1,801 Posts
Congratulations! You’ll love it :) We’re so happy we splurged for the AWD - it’s so much more fun to drive 😉

Reactions: sssster

·
1,501 Posts
2022s are fairly easy to find on lots as cancellations (in Oregon at least), since they no longer qualify for tax credit. 2023s a bit harder, but they are out there. I've had a reservation since May 2022 for a AWD Pro S, but ended up buying another cancellation car a few weeks ago to take advantage of the for sure $7500 federal tax credit. Paid $3,500 over MSRP (negotiated down from the $10k over they were asking), but still a win-win for me due to tax credit difference.

I just called 5-6 dealerships every 3-4 days, instead of waiting on them to call me if one came in. Early bird gets the worm!

We still have our reserved car coming sometime in the future, and will post on here once it arrives so someone can take advantage of buying.
I found an acceptable 2023 AWD Pro S replacement for my other two RWD orders. This one should arrive before end of year.

The going rate for markups in my area (Seattle) has been $6K to $10K. The one I found today had a $2K markup. I held my nose and put a deposit on it.

Dave

·
2019 Leaf SL+, 2023 Leaf SV+
717 Posts
I found an acceptable 2023 AWD Pro S replacement for my other two RWD orders. This one should arrive before end of year.

The going rate for markups in my area (Seattle) has been $6K to $10K. The one I found today had a $2K markup. I held my nose and put a deposit on it.

Dave
Congratulations, Dave. Another 411 soon to be freed! :D

Rectangle Font Event Pattern Brand

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

Dave
Dave , I think that's a smart move. You've been patient long enough.
Enjoy the ride!

·
1,501 Posts
Found a 23 red pros awd in Metairie, La on sale $1000 off msrp using the ext dealer search. Its still listed on Walker VW website but is now in my driveway.
Well played.

Dave

Reactions: LHNinME

·
2020 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 Turbo
162 Posts
$1000 off msrp for 2023 MY? That's unheard of! Did they low ball on trade in? Congrats!

·
2022 ID.4 Pro S AWD
83 Posts
When I got my cancelled 2023 last month after giving up on my order which was now a 16-month wait from November, 2021, I got 8 offers for cancelled 2022's and 2023's within a week from 3 different dealers I had dealt with while looking to make my original order. Some of those were taken before I could get to the dealer and I beat other customers for the one I got by a few minutes. It wasn't the color I wanted, but black is growing on me. (My brother accurately predicted I would need a membership at a brushless car wash, however.) My dealer did not jack up the price, but made me pay for dealer prep and other options the original buyer had requested. (My original deal was MSRP, destination charge and taxes only.) SunWizard mentioned Emich VW in Denver and they had several ones on offer but since they did jack up the price by $2K, those weren't sold right away. I used McDonald VW in Littleton, CO.

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
So, I brought my "cancellation" home yesterday. Red 2023 Pro S AWD. Software is version 3.1.0 and there doesn't appear to be a lot of "lag" going on. Car drives like a dream. AND - the cable from the Juice40 for my wife's MINI actually DOES reach across the garage to my ID.4!

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
2023 AWD Pro S (Opal White/Cosmic) - reserved 08/07, locked 09/20. Prev: 10/14/21 - 04/11 lock
311 Posts
So, I brought my "cancellation" home yesterday. Red 2023 Pro S AWD. Software is version 3.1.0 and there doesn't appear to be a lot of "lag" going on. Car drives like a dream. AND - the cable from the Juice40 for my wife's MINI actually DOES reach across the garage to my ID.4!

View attachment 18014 View attachment 18015
Congratulations!! Excited for you.

·
1,501 Posts

View attachment 18014 View attachment 18015
If all goes well, I'll have one just like it within about 3 weeks.

Dave

41 - 60 of 63 Posts