Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1st Edition
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does VW have a west coast port of delivery, or do all cars land on the east coast and transport via rail or truck?

I’m ready to start obsessively checking ship positions :p

·
Proud FE owner
1,000 Posts
Does VW have a west coast port of delivery, or do all cars land on the east coast and transport via rail or truck?

I’m ready to start obsessively checking ship positions :p
Houston. For the time being, all ID.4's are then trucked directly to the dealership.

Reactions: bjhegstad

·
54 Posts
Northern California here, mine came in to Baltimore. Arrived yesterday at the dealer via truck.

·
Proud FE owner
1,000 Posts
Northern California here, mine came in to Baltimore. Arrived yesterday at the dealer via truck.
I've heard a few of these, including one to Phoenix. My hunch is that these were cancellations that were reallocated before assignment.

·
Blue ID.4 FE, Jan., OR
59 Posts
Oregon deliveries are/were trucked from Houston too.

Reactions: nigela

·
ID.4 1st Glacier White w/Lunar Gray - order 9/23
131 Posts
My ID.4 FE and 2 others in Santa Maria, CA have port of entry Houston

·
Proud FE owner
1,000 Posts
Mine entered at the port in Houston and took forever and a day to arrive in the Seattle area.
But that was white-glove, covered transport. 👍

Probably most through San Diego and Benecia now.

Reactions: jdaytonps54

·
2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
67 Posts
My port of entry was Benicia and the dealer is in San Jose.

·
148 Posts
Bought mine in San Jose on 5/22. Port of entry was Houston. My Pro was built on 3/21, so about 2 months to get to dealer. Odometer showed 6 miles. The last 6 of VIN are 028XXX (the XXX are my substitutions for the last 3 numbers). I believe, not positive, you can look at the VIN in the windshield of an ID.4, say at a charging station, and tell if it was built before or after yours, based on the last 6 digits. Recently I was at an EA charging station with 3 DC fast chargers and all 3 were connected to ID.4s!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts