Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Tour de France, the "lanterne rouge" is the rider in last place, named after the red signal lamp on the last car of a train. The start of Pro/Pro S deliveries seems like a good time to start tracking whose First Edition will have the distinction of reaching its owner last! I know @RocketVol, @brulaz and I are still in the running, but I think there are a few others. A previous comment of mine notwithstanding, the purpose here isn't to try to guilt VW into freebies, just to commiserate and have some lighthearted fun (and maybe provide a safe place to vent!). Post below if you haven't received your FE yet!

Guidelines:
Must be a First Edition.
Must be a reservation, not a walk-up purchase of someone else's cancelled reservation.
The clock stops when your dealer says you can pick it up (Step 7/7). No dithering on paperwork to stretch it out.
Remember not to take out frustration over shipping delays on your dealer! Though they should certainly not be trying to take advantage of you, pricing-wise, in this situation.

If others are interested, I would even chip in toward a token "trophy" for the winner. A red lantern bumper sticker? A chunk of coral? Scuba gear to go and collect it from the bottom of the Atlantic?

Pro S delivery yesterday:
I just took delivery of my ID.4 Pro S tonight & I love it.

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll start: my FE, VIN 204xx, has been at step 4/7 since March 3.

·
ID.4 FE
88 Posts
I my VIN is 241xx, though I think I may have seen someone with a 244xx in another post? (Edit: Nevermind, that was a Pro S) My FE just landed in Houston a couple days ago.

·
108 Posts
Hit step 5 on April 5. Dealer status says May 1 eta to dealer. vin 19xxx

·
52 Posts
My VIN is 223XX, step 4/7 since 3/10 and just went to step 5/7 2 days ago. Can't pull Monroney yet using the sticker tool.

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
430 Posts
I'm in! and willing to chip in on a prize no one wants and I will probably get :D!

19908 and step 4 for 6 weeks tomorrow! @stowington you have me beat on the transition to step 4 by one day.....curses!!!

Reactions: egsell

·
54 Posts
Sounds like fun, lol! Made it to 7/7 a month ago and then rolled back to 4/7. Been at 5/7 for 14 days now. 19xxx VIN. Original VIN 12xxx. The new car was on the Goodwood and the car is in Houston, but no movement for weeks.

·
20 Posts
Been on step 4 since 3/8. VIN 227xx. Dealer told me it should’ve arrived in Houston on the 13th, and closest alignment was the Cicero, but no change on the Wheel of Torture after its arrival. Hoping for the Bishu currently scheduled for the 18th. So a few of us in the running sounds like!

·
8 Posts
Been on step 4 since 3/8. VIN 227xx. Dealer told me it should’ve arrived in Houston on the 13th, and closest alignment was the Cicero, but no change on the Wheel of Torture after its arrival. Hoping for the Bishu currently scheduled for the 18th. So a few of us in the running sounds like!
Step 5 for me, with hope it will be at the dealer in two weeks. My vin is 228xx. I think it is high because I got the Galaxy Black Leatherette interior. All I have seen so far is the Lunar Gray in the demos locally.

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
69 Posts
I am confident I won't pick up the lanterne rouge (but that would be a lock if I entered the Tour de France!). My VIN is 200XX and I just went to step five this week. Not sure what would be the most appropriate trophy for the winner, but I'd be interested in chipping in!

·
69 Posts
Been at step 5 for about 2 weeks now...

·
430 Posts
Just called VW customer care again and got the same information as last week: "we show your car enroute form the factory" Had a nice chat with Hannah about how the lack of information is really not helping them on this rollout and that even bad news information would be something. She checked with her manager and they said that they had no more information and would give it if they had anything. But she did say that they show the FE delivery window running through middle May, to which I responded that the word "First" in the FE was now moot. She encouraged me to keep watching my email for an update....I never got an email for going to step 4!! She understood my frustration and really did sound sorry, but...

Reactions: theboomr

·
214 Posts
Just called VW customer care again and got the same information as last week: "we show your car enroute form the factory" Had a nice chat with Hannah about how the lack of information is really not helping them on this rollout and that even bad news information would be something. She checked with her manager and they said that they had no more information and would give it if they had anything. But she did say that they show the FE delivery window running through middle May, to which I responded that the word "First" in the FE was now moot. She encouraged me to keep watching my email for an update....I never got an email for going to step 4!! She understood my frustration and really did sound sorry, but...
The CS at VWoA is just caught in the middle, unfortunately. This is really something that I think I'd point to the factory, and to VWoA supply chain for not fighting. When I experienced supply issues for a product launch, I read my European overlords the riot act for not doing everything they could up to the point of giving me all factory production to support the product launch we'd all agreed would happen on a certain date in North America.

I really wonder if VWoA has been fighting with Zwickau & HQ for us as consumers, because even if Europe didn't have it together, VWoA definitely could have come out looking better if I believed they were angrily calling European logistics every day, or stepping in to fill the communication void as best they could.

Unfortunately, neither seems apparent. And I hate to say it, but from a personal standpoint, I think they should have delayed the Pros until they could fulfill the commitment to the supposed "first" customers. I know that's an emotional response and maybe not a good business decision, but not having to answer for the word "first" meaning nothing seems like it would be an easy win.

·
52 Posts
Do we have confirmed Pro editions delivered to owners in this forum already? Planning to send an email to VWoA to maybe get at least some freebies thrown our way if ever.

·
214 Posts
Do we have confirmed Pro editions delivered to owners in this forum already? Planning to send an email to VWoA to maybe get at least some freebies thrown our way if ever.
I don't remember the posts, but I do read a lot of them and have seen indications that Pro models are in the US-based hands of forum members.

·
430 Posts
The CS at VWoA is just caught in the middle, unfortunately.
totally agree and didn't raise my tone with Hannah because, like I told her, it is not her fault and she is in the same spot we all are. I sympathize with her position and know that she is the unlucky one who gets to listen to people fuss all day. I did tell her that if anyone was taking notes that there were several ways that this has not come off great and that even if they gave me bad news I might be frustrated for a while, but I would have some news, not just the sound of nothing. And I have the same emotional reaction as you do. But they will stick with the mid-March to mid-May delivery story and claim success......well at this point I have serious doubts about mine making it here by mid-May....the numbers are starting to not add up sadly

Reactions: theboomr

·
214 Posts
totally agree and didn't raise my tone with Hannah because, like I told her, it is not her fault and she is in the same spot we all are. I sympathize with her position and know that she is the unlucky one who gets to listen to people fuss all day. I did tell her that if anyone was taking notes that there were several ways that this has not come off great and that even if they gave me bad news I might be frustrated for a while, but I would have some news, not just the sound of nothing. And I have the same emotional reaction as you do. But they will stick with the mid-March to mid-May delivery story and claim success......well at this point I have serious doubts about mine making it here by mid-May....the numbers are starting to not add up sadly
Sorry if it sounded like I was admonishing you, definitely not my intent. I certainly understand how you are feeling. I'm feeling slightly more optimistic now that I'm at step 5 but the journey has not been one to hope for (forum interactions aside!), and seeing Pros already being delivered is just salt in the wound. If there's any marketing sense, I would think that "take care of your enthusiast/early adopters" would be near the top of the list of priorities.

·
430 Posts
Sorry if it sounded like I was admonishing you, definitely not my intent. I certainly understand how you are feeling. I'm feeling slightly more optimistic now that I'm at step 5 but the journey has not been one to hope for (forum interactions aside!), and seeing Pros already being delivered is just salt in the wound. If there's any marketing sense, I would think that "take care of your enthusiast/early adopters" would be near the top of the list of priorities.
I didn't take it that way at all and knew what you meant! I agree on the salt, I am happy for everyone getting their cars and hope they all come soon for everyone, but I thought the First was going to be, you know.....first! I was optimistic for the past couple of days, but after the call today I am decidedly not so.

but I am looking forward to a sweet Last First Award! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: orey5

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
461 Posts
Bishu Highway. I have a feeling that it’s the “catch up” boat.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts