Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that's planning on getting the ID.3 in Europe and the ID.4 in North America, is it going to be your primary vehicle or is it going to be a secondary vehicle?

For me I'm planning for the ID.4 to be my daily driver. I don't have a long commute to work from where I live so I'm not worrying about range anxiety. But I know some people that plan to use it as the secondary vehicle while they keep a regular car for daily use/longer trips.

·
256 Posts
It's going to be my primary driver but it's not going to be the only vehicle in my garage. My wife has her car and it makes sense for us to have both.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
331 Posts
My ID.4 will be my primary vehicle (replacing a CC). I have a zero commute, so it will be primarily trips to the gym and grocery. It will change our overall family driving patterns though. It will assume some of the workload of my wife's CX-9 in our group outings.

·
122 Posts
Yes, it will replace the e-golf as my daily driver (though working at home since March, I hardly drive at all). My husband has a Mercedes C-Class so we'll use that for big trips.

·
23 Posts
Yes, it will replace the e-golf as my daily driver (though working at home since March, I hardly drive at all). My husband has a Mercedes C-Class so we'll use that for big trips.
Yes will be my primary car replacing my MB, the second car is a Smart Electric of my wife that she use for shopping all arround (y):cool:

·
127 Posts
It will be my primary car as well, replacing a Toyota Prius. My commute is only 15 minutes, but I’ve been working from home since March.

·
48 Posts
Will be my daily driver. We have a Honda Odyssey (for now-I’m looking at you ID Buzz!) for long trips. We need two cars with two active kids going in opposite directions all the time.

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will be my daily driver. We have a Honda Odyssey (for now-I’m looking at you ID Buzz!) for long trips. We need two cars with two active kids going in opposite directions all the time.
Would you consider getting the Buzz to go along with the ID.4?

·
122 Posts
I think my husband will be tempted when the Buzz comes out too. It would be useful for work but he also likes luxury sedans, so we'll see.

·
194 Posts
Which BEV and PHEV will the ID.4 be replacing?
2018 Honda Clarity PHEV, 2019 Hyundai Ioniq electric (limited with the heat pump). Hyundai had ridiculous discounts and lease deals at the end of 2019 (probably because of the range increase of the 2020s) and I could not resist trying one. I really like it. The cabin is comfortable, but not luxury, and the ride, especially highway, is no where near the Honda, but it is just a fun little car to drive. Half tempted to keep it, but I only have a one car garage, and clearing upstate, NY snow around a car in the driveway is a pain.

·
ID.4 1st Dusk Blue
144 Posts
We are and always have been a one car household (disregarding the three years when our son had his own car and still lived at home). The ID.4 will replace our Honda Fit and be our only vehicle.

·
16 Posts
Yes, it will be our primary vehicle. I hope to be able to use it for longer trips too, assuming the availability of charge stations along the way.

·
135 Posts
Will be our everyday vehicle, replacing a BMW 530e PHEV. But, will be keeping a second 530e as long trip car. The 21 mi EV range of the 530e PHEV serves for 90% of my driving, but I have to charge it after each use to make that. The iD4 will be 100% of local use and only need weekly charging. But, We'll still have the second 530e for long trips and as a "super-hybrid" gets 35 MPG in that use--plus it's a LWB semi-luxury car (8" longer WB than the iD4). Looking forward to the increased seating height of the iD4 and greater load height for those around-town trips. AND don't forget the London Taxi-grade turning circle. When I see the FWD vehicles trying to negotiate a U-turn, I'm always grateful for the tight turning radii of German cars.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts