Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at dealer getting my 20k service done.

I asked them to install my brand new winter Square 18inch wheels with Blizzak tires set. The service guy comes to tell me these new wheels and tires will create issues with the car because they are not the same size tires and wheels because the fronts and rears are suppose to be different sizes.

Thoughts??

BTW, I had the 19 inch wheels with Bridgestone Alenza's.

I told them to put them on anyway, and they made me sign a release.

·
2021 AWD Pro S
2,802 Posts
A release makes sense, because there are some issues. Weight carrying capacity of the wheels they don't know. It will affect the handling, and for some people that could be an "issue". And the outside diameter of the tires could be different, we don't know since you didn't post the size. The dealer might not want to look that up and check about that issue either.

·
30 Posts
some websites suggest r18 235/60 for a square setup, i'm not really sure it's not possible
Canadian costco's sell product from c-wheels.ca.

Their support people emailed me:
Yes these Atlas wheels (18 x 8) will fit on your ID4
No they will not rub on the calipers ,
you would need to go with 235/60r18 tires

thank you

A local vw dealership sells a package, described as:
ID.4 19″ Alloy
Yokohama Iceguard G075 235/55R19 with OEM 19 inch Alloy Wheels
Fits ID.4 Model Years 2021-Present

·
21 Posts
Canadian costco's sell product from c-wheels.ca.

Their support people emailed me:
Yes these Atlas wheels (18 x 8) will fit on your ID4
No they will not rub on the calipers ,
you would need to go with 235/60r18 tires

thank you

A local vw dealership sells a package, described as:
ID.4 19″ Alloy
Yokohama Iceguard G075 235/55R19 with OEM 19 inch Alloy Wheels
Fits ID.4 Model Years 2021-Present
r19 should come with 235/55 and 255/50. so 1 inch downscale = 5mm increase to second number

·
182 Posts
I'm at dealer getting my 20k service done.

I asked them to install my brand new winter Square 18inch wheels with Blizzak tires set. The service guy comes to tell me these new wheels and tires will create issues with the car because they are not the same size tires and wheels because the fronts and rears are suppose to be different sizes.

Thoughts??

BTW, I had the 19 inch wheels with Bridgestone Alenza's.

I told them to put them on anyway, and they made me sign a release.
Also going with Blizzaks. Our local tire guy is recommending 19" square (I have 19" stock rims). Says that's what he has been installing on local ID4's. I am going with his recommendation and figure that 3-4 months a year of low-speed driving should not be a big risk. To be installed next Tuesday.

·
21 Posts
Also going with Blizzaks. Our local tire guy is recommending 19" square (I have 19" stock rims). Says that's what he has been installing on local ID4's. I am going with his recommendation and figure that 3-4 months a year of low-speed driving should not be a big risk. To be installed next Tuesday.
r19 should not be square (if my understandings are correct and square = 4 same sized tires).

·
30 Posts
Should be the same OD as the stock rwd and even the stock awd offset wheel and tires. And per conversations on this site I've learned that the id.4 uses an indirect form of tpms, which shoulldn't be affected by the sizing proposed.

·
21 Posts
Should be the same OD as the stock rwd and even the stock awd offset wheel and tires. And per conversations on this site I've learned that the id.4 uses an indirect form of tpms, which shoulldn't be affected by the sizing proposed.
your car came with stock summer r19? what were the tires sized? 235/55/r19 and 255/50/r19 ?

·
30 Posts
I'm still waiting for the car- I'm a new would- be owner. But those are the sizes it will have.

This site, previously posted here, does a good job of showing what wheels and tires work:

·
21 Posts
I'm still waiting for the car- I'm a new would- be owner. But those are the sizes it will have.

This site, previously posted here, does a good job of showing what wheels and tires work:

ye i posted that. but for 19" it looks like you didn't click on plus button near R19. see the image attached :)
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
30 Posts
Not sure what I'm missing. As shown by

235/55/19 is very similar to 255/50/19.

suggesting that the 235/55/19 'square' setup is reasonable.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts