Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
34 Posts
Not sure what I'm missing. As shown by

235/55/19 is very similar to 255/50/19.

suggesting that the 235/55/19 'square' setup is reasonable.
sad to say but looks like the tyre comparison you mentioned does not care the car is RWD. or you took AWD?

·
2021 AWD Pro S
2,867 Posts
19s you can easily do a square setup with 235/55-19 which matches the stock front and rear tires OD exactly, and the rims are all the same width. With 20" rims you cannot do this as easily since the back rims are wider, which would make your square setup have varying OD which is a bad idea. And it may look a little strange when you rotate the wider 20" rims to the front.

·
463 Posts
Anyone wishing to put a tire brand not available in the staggered fitment I can understand needing to consider a square set up. But Blizzaks are available in the staggered sizes. Why not just put the staggered Blizzaks on and call it a day?

·
ID.4 Pro 2022, e-Golf 2019
194 Posts
Anyone wishing to put a tire brand not available in the staggered fitment I can understand needing to consider a square set up. But Blizzaks are available in the staggered sizes. Why not just put the staggered Blizzaks on and call it a day?
For winter tires I do understand that point too. Rotating tires are less of an issue with them. The rubber gets too hard after three winters and at that point there is quite enough tread left still. I have never had to ditch winter tires for not having enough tread left.

On the other hand tires that are skinnier and have taller sides (same diameter of course but on smaller wheels) are better for winter.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts