Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
37 Posts
Use a VIN from a car posted on a dealer for sale site.

·
1 Posts
1...provided a PDF copy of the manual to all those who have locked in their reservations so that we can read up on the car BEFORE we actually get it. After all, we have shown our good faith by depositing $500 with them.

Many of us have never owned an EV before and it would help us feel comfortable when we first drive it.
You can access the owner's manual online if you have a VIN.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
1,089 Posts

·
97 Posts
You must have your own vin. I tried to do it with a vin from the dealers lot and I couldn't do it.
Maybe that dealer used a fake VIN? Just to show that this works you can use this one that I found online.

VIN = WVGKMPE23MP042073
Used this site: Volkswagen Online Owner's Manuals | Official VW Digital Resources
Enter the VIN, click search, click the view button
you'll see a page with blank fields, in the upper right, you'll see the TOC with an arrow pointing left (table of contents)
click TOC, enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
1,089 Posts
Maybe that dealer used a fake VIN? Just to show that this works you can use this one that I found online.

VIN = WVGKMPE23MP042073
Used this site: Volkswagen Online Owner's Manuals | Official VW Digital Resources
Enter the VIN, click search, click the view button
you'll see a page with blank fields, in the upper right, you'll see the TOC with an arrow pointing left (table of contents)
click TOC, enjoy!
Maybe it is different now but I tried a vin from a car I test drove in March. The car had just arrived at the dealer so maybe it was too soon.

·
3 Posts
1...provided a PDF copy of the manual to all those who have locked in their reservations so that we can read up on the car BEFORE we actually get it. After all, we have shown our good faith by depositing $500 with them.

Many of us have never owned an EV before and it would help us feel comfortable when we first drive it.
Except that the manual is largely useless, in our experience. Does not deal with day- to-day issues, like whether or not to drive in B. We studied it constantly when I got my FE about 4 months ago, then gave up. Still don’t know all the cars tricks but do know there are no answers in the manual. I don’t like my car. I’m short, can’t see out well, backed into a railing invisible to cameras and mirrors, can’t see parking space lines through the side mirrors, etc. have driven VW diesels since 1982, and this is the first VW I’ve really been unhappy with, despite its virtues of good handling, solidity, and NO PETRO-FUEL, YAY! I don’t know what option I might have preferred, but I basically feel this is not the car for me. If you are 5’2” or less, beware.

·
Ordered AWD Pro S Gradient in Kings Red
22 Posts

love it

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
302 Posts
Except that the manual is largely useless, in our experience. Does not deal with day- to-day issues, like whether or not to drive in B. We studied it constantly when I got my FE about 4 months ago, then gave up. Still don’t know all the cars tricks but do know there are no answers in the manual. I don’t like my car. I’m short, can’t see out well, backed into a railing invisible to cameras and mirrors, can’t see parking space lines through the side mirrors, etc. have driven VW diesels since 1982, and this is the first VW I’ve really been unhappy with, despite its virtues of good handling, solidity, and NO PETRO-FUEL, YAY! I don’t know what option I might have preferred, but I basically feel this is not the car for me. If you are 5’2” or less, beware.
You might prefer a Tesla Model 3/Y. Very low dash makes them accessible to shorter people.
Here's is a video from 'BatteryLife'. He had has his wife dive the Model Y and she liked it because she didn't need to sit on a cushion to see out the front window.

·
97 Posts
Sorry you don’t like your car. I’m surprised by your experience given my wife is 4’11” and she LOVES the car. I think she likes the short hood and she says the visibility is great. The fact that we’re coming from a 10+ year old Subaru with no backup cam might be a factor but she’s petite and has only enjoyed our ID4

21 - 30 of 30 Posts