Volkswagen ID Forum banner
381 - 400 of 431 Posts

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 ·
Sorry.... I gave you the wrong step. I am on step 5. Also have received email from VW saying my car in in country and on its way to my dealer in Sarasota.
Take the "on its way" with a grain of salt. The only thing step 5 seems to guarantee is that it made it to port. Depending on processing at the port and the transport from port to dealer it can take some time.

I would suspect that if it hit the port Mar 23, it will be processed after the vehicles that arrived at the port earlier. Anecdotally, Baltimore was still processing first wave FEs that needed software upgrades last week. Until the cars produced before week 8 are out of the port, everything will still be slowed down by the need to apply updates.

·
70 Posts
I moved to step 4 (Left Factory) today 3/25. Dealer confirmed "ship departure" date is 3/31 with "port arrival" 4/13. So Step 4 to Step 5 looks like 19 days ... we will see.
Yeah, don’t hold your breath. I’m already past +22 days at Step 4. Knowing that Step 4 does not mean ‘loaded on a ship’, if it did then the soonest it would hit Houston (my port of entry) would be today (+22 days), then maybe 3/29 (+26 days), based on 3/3 departures from Emden. After that it’s the second week of April which would leave me at +40 days at Step 4. I’m hoping that doesn’t happen. :)

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
216 Posts
The Mediterranean Highway is arriving in Houston as we speak. A lucky few will be receiving their car soon (I hope I am included).

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
Have you guys checked the dealers for cancelations? I ordered a Pro last Saturday and went to the delivery dealer Wednesday to introduce myself and they had a FE that just became available from a customer that couldn't get financing. I guess I got very lucky but you might want to check them out if you have time. I'm picking it up tomorrow. Less than a week from order to delivery. It couldn't hurt to ask questions like what they have on the lot waiting for delivery or what they have coming in. I'm sure I'm not the only guy that found one like that. Good luck!!

·
8 Posts
As many of us know the "timely" information provided by MyVW tracker has been laughable. Looks like they are getting around to maybe providing something useful.

I am now at stage 5, arriving in the US. Talked with the dealer on Monday and he said that mine is 1 of 3 FEs to arrive at the dealership before the end of March.
I had a drive in Albuquerque in Blue ID4. dealership owner told me my car was in the US but going through a quality check. Should be here in one to two weeks. Loved the ride. The Navigation wasn't working and the side mirrors were adjusting. The ride was really nice. The Hello ID worked fairly well. Hand gesture wasn't working. Took a while to get the sales manager out of the rear seat because of Child protection. He went with us because he hasn't had much time in the car. We are the first to be getting our car.

·
80 Posts
The strips might look something like this. Thanks to Andy at Ross Tech for the photo.

View attachment 2027
If you do that, I would like a pair. We don't require front plates in NC.

BTW, the wheel of uncertainty moved to "Prepare for Purchase" last night! I think I will be trading in my 2017 e-Golf SEL as there is about $4k equity in it. I really love that car and it will be hard to say good bye to it. But more range is the trade-off verse the efficiency of the the e-Golf that I average 4.7m/kwh in for the last 5 years (had a 2015 e-Golf first 2 years). Either way, it values at $17,700 for trade and I only paid $20k for it. Made the decision a bit easier.

·
27 Posts
BTW, the wheel of uncertainty moved to "Prepare for Purchase" last night!
Mine did as well even though my dealership has told me my car won't be available to pick up until mid-May. I've emailed them to see if they are revising that delivery date forward. Doubtful, but I'm intrigued by the discrepancy.

·
12 Posts
Mine did as well even though my dealership has told me my car won't be available to pick up until mid-May. I've emailed them to see if they are revising that delivery date forward. Doubtful, but I'm intrigued by the discrepancy.
Herzog-Meier is also my dealer. I don't get the impression they're digging deep for precise delivery times. I hope you get a better answer now that you're on step 6!

·
90 Posts
Earlier this week mine progressed to 5 and then last night moved to step 6. My dealer said that it usually takes about 3 weeks once a vehicle is in the US, so the change to step 6 seems a bit early. The dealership does have a demo car that I'm going to go test drive this afternoon though!

·
Proud FE owner
1,010 Posts
Earlier this week mine progressed to 5 and then last night moved to step 6. My dealer said that it usually takes about 3 weeks once a vehicle is in the US, so the change to step 6 seems a bit early. The dealership does have a demo car that I'm going to go test drive this afternoon though!
I spent 6 days at step 6. This for my ID.4 to travel from Houston all the way to Seattle (2,400+ miles).

Reactions: ericy

·
27 Posts
Well that escalated (accelerated) quickly. My dealer called and my FE made it on the truck that's coming up from Houston so now they're saying mid-April for delivery. Yay!

·
ID.4 FE Blue
143 Posts
The strips might look something like this. Thanks to Andy at Ross Tech for the photo.

View attachment 2027
Yes, I also want something like that! Anyone, please alert the forum whenever you find a good solution. This simply is too ugly...

·
279 Posts
Mine too. Ordered a Pro S on 9/26 since FE were sold out, then changed to FE when the 2nd round became available in January. I’m hoping the 2nd round of FE make it in March. Located in Tampa Bay Area, Florida.
I switched mine to the FE the same day the second round came out. I am stuck on stage 4. I am hoping one of the two ships arriving in the next two weeks will have my car

·
142 Posts
No updates at all. My car arrived in Baltimore March 22 to be delivered in Sarasota. My ETA to dealer changed from 4 April to 21 April about 6 weeks ago. ETA to Auto Carrier showed 17 April. I checked with my Dealer yesterday and they said they had no info. VW Customer Service says they cannot get any information status and to check with the Dealer. Feel caught in a never ending "do loop". Meanwhile, I see Pro Models being delivered and Florida customers getting deliver of FEs with VINS produced later than mine, some even on the same ship as mine arriving in Baltimore. So I asked myself. "Why did I go through all the trouble to order an FE to supposedly have a first to market ID4 in US?" In reality, those of us who ordered the US FE ID4 were just another guy in line with no priority different than anyone else. So frustrated, I cancelled my FE yesterday as I saw no real advantage in getting the car now and living through all the software bugs. I just lost the feeling that getting an FE was really something special.

·
78 Posts
Nothing at all. When I asked my dealer about an update he said he had no information and could just confirm the information that I had. He had no idea when the car would be delivered to the dealer, only that it should be this month.

·
Premium Member
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
435 Posts
No updates at all. My car arrived in Baltimore March 22 to be delivered in Sarasota. My ETA to dealer changed from 4 April to 21 April about 6 weeks ago. ETA to Auto Carrier showed 17 April. I checked with my Dealer yesterday and they said they had no info. VW Customer Service says they cannot get any information status and to check with the Dealer. Feel caught in a never ending "do loop". Meanwhile, I see Pro Models being delivered and Florida customers getting deliver of FEs with VINS produced later than mine, some even on the same ship as mine arriving in Baltimore. So I asked myself. "Why did I go through all the trouble to order an FE to supposedly have a first to market ID4 in US?" In reality, those of us who ordered the US FE ID4 were just another guy in line with no priority different than anyone else. So frustrated, I cancelled my FE yesterday as I saw no real advantage in getting the car now and living through all the software bugs. I just lost the feeling that getting an FE was really something special.
I haven't cancelled yet but am almost there and have a very similar story to yours. but try being on Step 4 since the 4th of March with no word at all! It is getting tough to hang in there, but am trying

Reactions: ErickF and FredT
381 - 400 of 431 Posts