Volkswagen ID Forum banner
401 - 420 of 431 Posts

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10 Posts
I haven't cancelled yet but am almost there and have a very similar story to yours. but try being on Step 4 since the 4th of March with no word at all! It is getting tough to hang in there, but am trying
I will be going north shortly for five months. It appears I have three choices 1. Ask the dealer to keep it on his lot for five months. 2. Ask VW to keep it at the port for five months. This might not be a big ask. 3. Cancel the order. I never thought it would come to this seven months ago.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
214 Posts
I haven't cancelled yet but am almost there and have a very similar story to yours. but try being on Step 4 since the 4th of March with no word at all! It is getting tough to hang in there, but am trying
I feel for all late delivery recipients (as until just recently I've been in the same boat). I hadn't considered canceling because while there are some compromises in the FE, it still seemed to be the best value for what I wanted. I also didn't have a hard deadline on needing a vehicle - though the prospective buyers of my current vehicle might have reached a breaking point if things dragged on too long.

As frustrating as the process has been, it seems like attempting to remove the emotional component and make a decision purely on the requirements and merits is the best path forward. It seems some forum members have already canceled and later reconsidered via reorder or inventory purchase, but with chances of getting an FE decreasing it might make the most sense to hold on to an FE reservation (if that's what people have) unless another trim would still meet one's requirements.
 

·
Registered User
2021 Pro-S
Joined
·
74 Posts
Yeah, don’t hold your breath. I’m already past +22 days at Step 4. Knowing that Step 4 does not mean ‘loaded on a ship’, if it did then the soonest it would hit Houston (my port of entry) would be today (+22 days), then maybe 3/29 (+26 days), based on 3/3 departures from Emden. After that it’s the second week of April which would leave me at +40 days at Step 4. I’m hoping that doesn’t happen. :)
I am +14 days past Step 4. I called the dealer. They checked their information on my VIN and said the ETA is between June 1 and June 11.
 

·
Registered User
Proud FE owner
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
I haven't cancelled yet but am almost there and have a very similar story to yours. but try being on Step 4 since the 4th of March with no word at all! It is getting tough to hang in there, but am trying
Hang in there John! You are on the last lift hill of the EV reservation rollercoaster (albeit the steepest of all!). You're in for a great ride!
 
  • Like
Reactions: egsell

·
Registered User
Joined
·
135 Posts
Still no car. :( This afternoon the dealership called me to confirm my pick-up appointment. Then they called me back and said they had other appointments and wouldn't be able to get to me today. When I asked why my appointment was going to play second-fiddle to someone else's appointment, the salesman put me on hold and transferred me to the sales manager, who told me they have a new policy that they don't sell EVs on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, because both the sales manager and the EV specialist have to be present. So, after arranging time off work to go today I now have to take time off work tomorrow...

Will I ever get this car??
 

·
Premium Member
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
Joined
·
435 Posts
Hang in there John! You are on the last lift hill of the EV reservation rollercoaster (albeit the steepest of all!). You're in for a great ride!
Thanks Erick and I am hanging! As with most things, some days are better than others! But after checking the wheel a minute ago and still seeing step 4 after Aristotle got to Baltimore was, although totally expected, painful. But tomorrow is my weekly call with Hannah at Customer Care where we do the "I have no information and am so sorry" dance 💃🕺 Thanks for the support!
 
  • Like
Reactions: ErickF

·
Premium Member
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
Joined
·
435 Posts
Still no car. :( This afternoon the dealership called me to confirm my pick-up appointment. Then they called me back and said they had other appointments and wouldn't be able to get to me today. When I asked why my appointment was going to play second-fiddle to someone else's appointment, the salesman put me on hold and transferred me to the sales manager, who told me they have a new policy that they don't sell EVs on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, because both the sales manager and the EV specialist have to be present. So, after arranging time off work to go today I now have to take time off work tomorrow...

Will I ever get this car??
That is a pretty crappy policy and certainly not the definition of customer service. These guys had better learn fast or they will be the next Blockbuster. Be strong, tomorrow is almost here!
 

·
Registered User
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
Joined
·
432 Posts
Thanks Erick and I am hanging! As with most things, some days are better than others! But after checking the wheel a minute ago and still seeing step 4 after Aristotle got to Baltimore was, although totally expected, painful. But tomorrow is my weekly call with Hannah at Customer Care where we do the "I have no information and am so sorry" dance Thanks for the support!
It took my wheel like 2 full days to move to step 5 after we had seen Cicero leaving the Houston port, hang in there, there may still be hope!
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
184 Posts
I haven't cancelled yet but am almost there and have a very similar story to yours. but try being on Step 4 since the 4th of March with no word at all! It is getting tough to hang in there, but am trying
I'm with you, I've been stuck at step 4 since March 11 and no one can tell me anything. Really disappointing!
 

·
Premium Member
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
Joined
·
435 Posts
So here is what Candance at Customer Care just told me. There were about 400 cars that were involved in a shipping mix up (the one we heard about a couple of weeks ago) and those cars are somewhere, Customer Care cannot see where. They are going back over the records, and to expedite things for those screwed up cars/reservations, they might reassign VINs and commission numbers to do an expedited order filling. So one solution would be where I get a car with a different VIN that is expedited somehow.

She was going to look into it and call me back by COB Friday with more information. She said that this was the first step in expediting the whole process. I told her that this has really taken the shine off of what should be a great experience.

Sounds like they are trying to fix what appears to be a logistics failure and for some reason they can't fix it easily.

I will let everyone know what they come back with. This is getting beyond frustrating.

Everyone hang tough!

@MBrandenburg I would suggest calling Customer Care as Candance seemed to indicate that my calling and asking for a detailed look is what will prompt the expedited process. It's worth a shot
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
184 Posts
So here is what Candance at Customer Care just told me. There were about 400 cars that were involved in a shipping mix up (the one we heard about a couple of weeks ago) and those cars are somewhere, Customer Care cannot see where. They are going back over the records, and to expedite things for those screwed up cars/reservations, they might reassign VINs and commission numbers to do an expedited order filling. So one solution would be where I get a car with a different VIN that is expedited somehow.

She was going to look into it and call me back by COB Friday with more information. She said that this was the first step in expediting the whole process. I told her that this has really taken the shine off of what should be a great experience.

Sounds like they are trying to fix what appears to be a logistics failure and for some reason they can't fix it easily.

I will let everyone know what they come back with. This is getting beyond frustrating.

Everyone hang tough!

@MBrandenburg I would suggest calling Customer Care as Candance seemed to indicate that my calling and asking for a detailed look is what will prompt the expedited process. It's worth a shot
2939
Looks like I posted too soon!
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10 Posts
I just dropped back to step 3 from 3 weeks on step 5 . VW chat said they will have this straightened out in a couple of days??? Getting even closer to canceling.
 

·
Premium Member
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
Joined
·
435 Posts
I actually moved to step 5 this afternoon! Had to pick myself up off the floor when the page loaded. Looks like mine came over on the Aristotle into Baltimore! I guess I can put away my VW voodoo doll and shelve the plans to sacrifice a goat :p
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
279 Posts
As many of us know the "timely" information provided by MyVW tracker has been laughable. Looks like they are getting around to maybe providing something useful.

I am now at stage 5, arriving in the US. Talked with the dealer on Monday and he said that mine is 1 of 3 FEs to arrive at the dealership before the end of March.
Yeah just got a call from our dealer. Our wheel of pain is over. We pick our car up tomorrow
 

·
Registered User
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue
Joined
·
471 Posts
I actually moved to step 5 this afternoon! Had to pick myself up off the floor when the page loaded. Looks like mine came over on the Aristotle into Baltimore! I guess I can put away my VW voodoo doll and shelve the plans to sacrifice a goat :p
Perhaps they had to dredge the Chesapeake to find it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RocketVol
401 - 420 of 431 Posts
Top