Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
227 Posts
If thats the case its really going to be hard to justify this car over a Tesla (for me).
I agree! Which is why I canceled my ID.4 and did more research. I was not nuts over Tesla prior to investigating. Losing the $7500 tax credit is tough, but I think they will be the EV leader for at least another 3-5 years.

·
34 Posts
So I called Geico (which is always the cheapest for me) and they did a ballpark comparison with a Model 3. Basically in my situation the difference per month is $100.00 +/-
The Tesla is more and the ID.4 is "estimated" to be less. But overall with the ID.4 my monthly payment will go up approx $40.00

·
227 Posts
So I called Geico (which is always the cheapest for me) and they did a ballpark comparison with a Model 3. Basically in my situation the difference per month is $100.00 +/-
The Tesla is more and the ID.4 is "estimated" to be less. But overall with the ID.4 my monthly payment will go up approx $40.00
I was quoted a little less than $800 a year for a 2021 MY and $750 for ID.

·
34 Posts
I was quoted a little less than $800 a year for a 2021 MY and $750 for ID.
Yea I should have been more clear, my 6mo premium for the Tesla would go up $379.00 the same 6mo premium and coverage for the ID.4 would be an extra $279.00... Seems like any gas savings is a moot point, I'll be losing the difference in electricity and insurance.

·
2004 Phaeton V8
45 Posts
Yea I should have been more clear, my 6mo premium for the Tesla would go up $379.00 the same 6mo premium and coverage for the ID.4 would be an extra $279.00... Seems like any gas savings is a moot point, I'll be losing the difference in electricity and insurance.
Are those numbers over and above what they would be for a new Tiguan or similar? Is that a pure increase just due to them being EV's?

·
36 Posts
I'm likely sticking with the ID.4 over a Tesla simply due to insurance... I'm hoping the ID.4 will be cheaper than a Tesla.
I got quotes for insurance with State Farm in the Seattle area yesterday. They want $87/month for the ID.4 and $98/month for a Model Y (with a $2000 deductible).

·
133 Posts
Hi all, I just got a quote (in NJ) from Geico and wanted to share.

For 6 months I was quoted $693 for the VW ID.4. With my Prius I currently pay $535.20 every 6 months for the same level of coverage. So not too bad. I have been with Geico for a long time and have quite a few discounts.

I will probably be selling my Prius this Friday so in the mean time I will have a non-owners policy for $34.52 a month until I get the ID.4.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts