Volkswagen ID Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
41 Posts
Just checked Progressive in Fresno and whatever VIN is posted here only resulted in a $20 a month increase over my 2012 Ford Fusion with a $500 deductible. Not bad!

·
13 Posts
I just checked with my Allstate agent here in PA, and he is quoting more than double my current rate, (for a 2008 Honda Fit,) at $990/6mo after discounts. I know it's a big jump in cars, but that still seems steep. Going to shop around a bit more, might be easier once I have a VIN, as most of the other insurance sites I tried don't have the ID.4 in their model selection menu yet.

·
41 Posts
I just checked with my Allstate agent here in PA, and he is quoting more than double my current rate, (for a 2008 Honda Fit,) at $990/6mo after discounts. I know it's a big jump in cars, but that still seems steep. Going to shop around a bit more, might be easier once I have a VIN, as most of the other insurance sites I tried don't have the ID.4 in their model selection menu yet.
This one was posted in another thread/earlier comment: WVGDMPE25MK000123. It's what I used on Progressive.

·
13 Posts
This one was posted in another thread/earlier comment: WVGDMPE25MK000123. It's what I used on Progressive.
Thanks. Got some competing rates from Progressive and Liberty Mutual using that, which are lower than my current rate on my 2008 Fit (and so less than half of the Allstate quote.) Somehow I feel that can't be right. Guess I'm waiting until it gets closer to run the numbers again with all the companies and my real VIN before I'll feel comfortable.

·
95 Posts
Where are you in PA? I am in Pittsburgh and haven’t found anybody in the forum from here yet.

·
67 Posts
I have a VIN for mine, which I would be willing to send you in a private message if you want.
I have a VIN for mine, which I would be willing to send you in a private message if you want.
Thanks. Where are you located and have your tried using your VIN number to get your insurance quote? I have been told that after VIN numbers are produced that the Insurance companies get the list as a priority to provide coverage. Would be interesting to see if they have your number to provide you an exact quote. You would think VW would be releasing those numbers by now.

·
ID.4 1st Blue
215 Posts
I cross shopped Progressive vs. my Farmers/MidCentury. Can’t seem to save money elsewhere after all those years with my insurer. My agent had told me that he’s not seen a quote as low as mine, I thought he was fibbing...

·
Blue ID.4 1st Edition
50 Posts
Thanks. Where are you located and have your tried using your VIN number to get your insurance quote? I have been told that after VIN numbers are produced that the Insurance companies get the list as a priority to provide coverage. Would be interesting to see if they have your number to provide you an exact quote. You would think VW would be releasing those numbers by now.
I got quotes from State Farm last month for both the ID.4 and a Tesla MY, without giving them a VIN. I haven’t checked back with them, but it was comparable to the rate for our Leaf+. I’m in the Seattle area.

·
95 Posts
I'm Pittsburgh as well. What dealer did you go with?
I am very torn about that. Had rather bad experiences in Monroeville, then switched to Cochran and now Cochran in Wexford. None are great. All seem to be terrible in service (I work on my Jetta with a Buddy and we found a broken alternator that was not from VW or OEM they they put in) zero communication on warranty repairs and so on. Do you have any good dealer/service department?

·
95 Posts
do yinz live Dahntan?
I cannot claim Pittsburghese for me, since I moved here 8 years back, n’at.

Are you from the area as well?

To everybody else, sorry for taking over this thread. I am just so excited to have some others from Pittsburgh here.

·
101 Posts
I cannot claim Pittsburghese for me, since I moved here 8 years back, n’at.

Are you from the area as well?

To everybody else, sorry for taking over this thread. I am just so excited to have some others from Pittsburgh here.
My Wife's family is ALL form Pittsburgh so we have a fondness for the city and we visit when we can. Actually grew up mostly in DC, where I met her. We live in LA now.

·
13 Posts
I am very torn about that. Had rather bad experiences in Monroeville, then switched to Cochran and now Cochran in Wexford. None are great. All seem to be terrible in service (I work on my Jetta with a Buddy and we found a broken alternator that was not from VW or OEM they they put in) zero communication on warranty repairs and so on. Do you have any good dealer/service department?
I haven't had any VWs before, so I'm pretty in the dark on who might be good. My reservation is currently at Cochran Wexford as well though. Picked solely due to proximity.

·
12 Posts
I contacted my insurance agent (Allstate) and got a quote with the fake VIN. It came back as $380 for 6 months, which is actually about $85 less than my 2019 Tiguan. Hopefully that number won't change when I get the real VIN.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts