Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
41 Posts
Is that even possible? I thought when keys inside you cannot lock doors.
Oh YES, Absolutely! If the key is in a dead spot 100%
Happen to me. I forgot my key in the gym bag, open the trunk, closed it and that was the end of it!
What a F..g shit. VW does NOT GET IT to do even such a simple thing right!

·
19 Posts
This happened to me and my kid was in the backseat strapped into her car seat. We were leaving my grandfather's house, put my purse down on the front passenger seat, put her into her car seat, closed the doors to walk around the other side. When I did that the horn honked loudly one time and then the doors were all locked. I don't know if I touched the lock button by accident but the second key was with my husband who was taking a walk and was already at least a few hundred feet away when I closed the doors. Thank goodness he was relatively nearby so we could get it unlocked (and that I was with other people who had a cellphone, mine was also locked in the car). Now I don't leave my key in the car when I'm walking to the other side.

·
5 Posts
Late to this convo, but can confirm that it is possible to have the car lock you out - we had a similar experience that others are reporting, where we were loading a bunch of stuff in the trunk, and the key fob was in one of the bags in the trunk - once we closed the trunk via the button on the hatchback door, the car was locked and would not open. Thankfully, we were a mile from home and got a ride from a friend to retrieve the second fob. Had we been on a trip or something, we would have been SOL. We have learned our lesson…

21 - 26 of 26 Posts